Jul 24, 2011

Drogba vs Torres

Didier Drogba realized that he and Fernando Torres can not play together. Therefore, Drogba, Torres pointed to as a leading contender for a place.

Middle of last season, Chelsea hook Torres from Liverpool at 50 million pounds. The Blues then manager, Carlo Ancelotti, try menduetkan Torres with Drogba, but the results are far from successful.

This season, manager chair nan switch to a brilliant young man, Andre Villas-Boas. In contrast to Ancelotti, Villas-Boas seems like a pattern that uses a cutting edge instead of two. Therefore, Drogba and Torres was
changed from partner to be competitors.

"Yes, I think we (he and Torres) have to compete for one place," said Drogba, as reported by The Guardian.

"That is the choice of manager. But I've never experienced it at this club. This is the same as when Eidur Gudjohnsen's here, like when (Andriy) Shevchenko is here, always so," added the Ivory Coast striker.

Although already a senior, 33 years, Drogba is not afraid to compete with the other attackers are younger. However, Drogba was also trying to be objective by not imposing his name must exist in the line up.

"I was 33 years. I am the oldest and although it feels strange, I am not afraid. If I am worth playing, then I'll play. If I'm not good enough, then I will not play," said Drogba.

"Good for this team to have competition. I will push this team forward and issued their best ability," said the former Marseille striker.

No comments:

Post a Comment